Finding a job - support for young people with SEN

Find out about the opportunities and support available to you if you want to find a job when you leave school.

Support for young people with SEN looking for work

If you are looking for a job, there are plenty of organisations which can help you.

  • If you live in Newham, Workplace offers help and advice on training and work. It can also give you information on Newham’s Youth Employment Scheme.
  • The Government's website has information about the Access to Work grant, which can help to pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental-health condition; check carefully to see if you qualify. 
  • For information about looking for work if you are disabled, go to the Government's website.
  • Remploy is one of the UK’s leading providers of employment services for the disabled.
  • Mencap is a national charity which helps people with learning disabilities.
  • You can also find advice on getting a job in our adult social care section.
Contact the Post-16 Education Team

If you have a SEN or a disability and you have an EHC plan, then the team can help you make the move from school to college, training or a job.  

0-25 SEND Service

London Borough of Newham Newham Dockside 

1000 Dockside Road London 

E16 2QU​​​​​  

Tel: 020 8430 2000

Last updated: 13/06/2019

Skip back to top of page