The Transition Service
Children and young people in Newham aged 14-18 who are under the below , will automatically be added to the transition pathway at the age of 14.
Other children aged 14 and above with an EHCP and identified transition needs can also be added to the transition pathway via referral from a health professional or self-referral.
- Motor Disorder Clinic
- Neuro Disability Clinic
- Access School Medicals at JFK School or Royal Docks Academy
What to expect from the service
Patients are reviewed by the Transition Nurse Specialist in a variety of ways including;
- In the Motor Disorder Clinic as part of their review with their Paediatrician
- In the Neuro Disability Clinic as part of their review with their Paediatrician.
- During School medicals alongside the Paediatrician
- For a home visit if requested
- During the transition drop in clinics (every last Wednesday of the month between 9am-12pm at West Ham Lane Health Centre).
Activities for young people with SEND in Newham:
ASD diagnosis for Adults:
Newham Adult Learning Disability health team: