Find out about the opportunities and support available to you if you want to find a job when you leave school.
If you are looking for a job, there are plenty of organisations which can help you.
- If you live in Newham, Workplace offers help and advice on training and work. It can also give you information on Newham’s Youth Employment Scheme.
- The Government's website has information about the Access to Work grant, which can help to pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental-health condition; check carefully to see if you qualify.
- For information about looking for work if you are disabled, go to the Government's website.
- Remploy is one of the UK’s leading providers of employment services for the disabled.
- Mencap is a national charity which helps people with learning disabilities.
- You can also find advice on getting a job in our adult social care section.
If you have a SEN or a disability and you have an EHC plan, then the team can help you make the move from school to college, training or a job.
0-25 SEND Service
London Borough of Newham Newham Dockside
1000 Dockside Road London
Tel: 020 8430 2000