Complex Needs and Dyslexia Service
The Complex Needs and Dyslexia Service (CNDS) is a team of specialist teachers and Early SEN Years Practitioners who work with universal providers like children centres, early years settings and schools to provide a specialist service to inform personalised outcomes and interventions.
We work with families, schools and settings to support and develop provision for children with significant learning or physical disabilities such as profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), severe learning difficulties (SLD), moderate learning difficulties (MLD) and specific learning difficulties (SpLD) ie specific numeracy and literacy difficulties including dyslexia.
This is a Local Authority service which also works closely with Newham Social Care and East London Foundation Trust (ELFT) children’s services.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Brampton Primary School
Brampton Primary School
- E6 3LB
Team is based in Brampton Primary School but provides a service across all Newham’s schools and settings.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- School term time
- Time of day
- Session Information
1. Support and training offers for early years updated termly. Specific activities such as Early Years groups, training etc are timetabled for specific days and times
2. School age offer for children and young people with significant learning or physical disabilities such as profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), severe learning difficulties (SLD), moderate learning difficulties (MLD) and Specific Learning Difficulties(SpLD) updated termly on Newham Connect
- No costs for Newham schools or parents for early years and school age children with complex needs. Costs for schools for children with specific learning difficulties. Full costs available under name of Professional Dyslexia and Dyscalculia Service (PDDS) within Professional Services traded offer for schools on Newham Connect website. PDDS is a traded service which offers assessment, intervention programmes for schools, strategies and training packages to schools for students with specific learning difficulties
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- Yes for Early Years Offer - referrals available for parents of disabled children, child development service, therapists, health visitors, community nursing service, social workers, early years.
- Yes - for School Age Offer.