Integrated Carers Support Service
For many, caring is a rewarding and positive experience, but for others without the right help and support, caring can feel overwhelming. For some, caring can trigger feelings of loneliness and frustration and many often find their physical and emotional health, work or finances affected. You don’t need to wait until you are struggling or there is a crises to ask for support.
Carers FIRST provides an Integrated Carers Support Service, this means they offer support to all Carers from the age of 5 and upwards. Any Carers who would like support can refer themselves, or they may be referred by a school or professional who knows the family with their permission.
The service can help with:
- tailored information, advice and guidance, including specialist support for Young Carers aged 5-18;
- the opportunity to talk in detail about your caring role and co-produce a plan to support you, linking into other local services;
- help you access and prepare for a carer’s assessment;
- support with conversations with people and services including GPs, social care and hospitals;
- practical training to help you with your caring role;
- supporting families to maximise household income by providing information about welfare benefits and financial support;
- opportunities to access groups, activities and our Carers on-line forum so you can meet and chat to others in a similar situation to yourself;
- regular contact by telephone, CarersFIRST website and on-line chat, monthly e-bulletins and regular “What’s On” guides containing details of groups supported by Carers FIRST and other organisations; and
- support you to plan for now, the future and emergencies.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Carers first also run "virtual" drop in sessions on Wednesday evenings 6-8pm. You can visit their website and click on the "Chat to us" botton and a member of the team will be there to talk to you.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required