Red Cross - Support at home
If you're returning from hospital, we make sure you have everything you need for your first 24 to 72 hours back at home.
We may then provide up to 12 weeks of support depending on the level of help you need.We'll assess your needs and help you decide what goals you want to achieve with our help. We can offer practical and emotional support including:
- transport home from hospital
- door-to-door transport for essential health-care journeys
- help with everyday tasks (for example, picking up prescriptions and shopping)
- rebuilding confidence
- help arranging for bills to be paid
- short-term use of a wheelchair and toilet aids
Our volunteers receive full training to support you in meeting your goals.