Divert-Ed! – The Education Offer

We are advisory teachers and ETE specialists working in Children’s Social Care with a reach-in offer to the Adolescent Safeguarding Service (RESET). Our main referral pathway is via RESET, incorporating Ten2 (adolescent exploitation) and Stay! (Edge of care team). We also take referrals from other parts of Children’s  Social Care (see below).   We have experience of working in mainstream and specialist provisions. We know children with a Social Worker on average do less well at in education than their peers. We understand the impact of instability and the barriers to learning and well-being. This includes factors which could make it more difficult for some children to access and engage with learning and relationships and therefore make the most of their education. The children we work with may have experienced neglect, emotional or physical abuse, domestic abuse, family violence or suffered criminal or sexual exploitation. We work alongside the child’s social worker and other members of the professional network to put a spotlight on children’s education and identify opportunities for improved learning, well-being and growth.

Families and children can choose to have DivertEd support.

Who do we work with?

We work with children with a social worker aged 10-17.  Children are referred to DivertEd when they present with education concern i.e. they or the adults who work with them or care for them are worried about an aspect of their learning or well-being in education.

DivertEd teachers and practitioners work with the identified social worker or family practitioner, taking a lead on education or collaborating with education colleagues to enhance existing support.

We are part of the professional network in the team around the family. We aim to develop strong links with schools, PRUs, colleges and employers to raise the profile of learning, well-being and growth opportunities for the children and families we work with.

To view Our Tiered Offer please download Our Tiered Offer PDF.


Referral required
Referral Details

Who can refer?           A child’s social worker

How to refer?             Via Azeus as part of a RESET referral

Via direct request for a DivertEd consultation email: katrin.harrow@newham.gov.uk


Save to Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Rate this page

happy face neutral face unhappy face
Skip back to top of page