The CHildren with Autism in Newham - Diagnosis Service
Social Communication Clinic/Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic -Assessment and diagnosis of social communication/autism concerns from 2-12+-year-olds
Who to contact
- 0208 586 6251/6250 0208 586 6251/6250
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Lord Lister Health Centre
Lord Lister Health Centre, 121
- E7 0EP
- View E7 0EP on a map
Nearest Bus Stop: Wanstead Park (Stop J) – Buses: 58, 308 & 330
The nearest stations are Wanstead Park (1-minute walk) and Forest Gate ( 4 minutes)
- Age Ranges
- 2- 12 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- We are currently an Autism diagnosis service only
- Referrals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Autism Diagnoses over 12 years and ADHD referrals (over 6 years) please go to CAMHS (link) https://www.elft.nhs.uk/services/newham-child-and-adolescent-mental-health-service
- Here at the CHAND service, we take referrals from professionals, for children aged 2- 12 years, where there are concerns about the possibility of Autism. Referrers, please ensure you specify Autism in your referral and that you have discussed this possibility with parent and carers.
- For children under 2 years with concerns about Autism please discuss concerns with your health visitor.
- For children in preschool with concerns about Autism we recommend that they are seen by our speech and language therapy (SLT) service first – please fill in the attached CDS referral form and if the child is in the nursery please also ask the nursery to fill out the ‘school’ report.
- Children of school age - can be referred to the CHAND pathway by filling in both the CDS referral form and the accompanying school report. We encourage nurseries and schools to make direct referrals to SLT/CHAND rather than send to the GP to make the referral
- Children who are under 5 and referred to CHAND will be seen first for an assessment by Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) who will gather some information from you. The SLT will then observe and assess your child's play and talking. They will offer advice, support, and strategies so that you can help your child at home
- For support with sleep or behaviour please look at the useful links section.